About Sharir Kriya
Sharir Kriya is one of the important department in Ayurveda as it is concerned with basic principles of Ayurveda. Sharir kriya is the basic subject for Ist BAMS students. Previously it is known as dosha, dhatu-mala vigyan as it deals with tridoshas, saptadhatus and trimalas. The heading science of Ayurveda is based totally upon the knowledge of “Prakriti” the individual constitution. Five basic elements that is Ether, Air, Fire, Water & Earth are manifested into the three biological organizations known as Vatta, Pitta, Kapha which governs all physio-pathological changes. All these basic concepts of Kriya Sharir are new to students after passing XIIth examination and NEET examinations. Students are little bit confused when they came across above concepts and terminologies of Ayurveda. Our faculty helps students to get familiarized with ayurvedic concepts and terminologies in scientific and applied way.
Our aim is to highlight the basic knowledge, inculcate new scientific approach to students and make them compatible to apply it in their clinical practice.
- Explain the basic concepts of Kriya Sharir (Ayurvedic View)
- Basic Concepts of modern physiology
- Make students able to apply the principles of Ayurveda in day to day life.
Salient Features of Department
- Well equipped laboratory & museum with required equipment, instrument, charts and specimens.
- Computer & Internet Facility
- Departmental library
- Kshirdadhi, kedarkulya & khalekapot Nyaya models
General Activities of Department
- Departmental seminars.
- Publishing articles and participating in National & International conferences.
- Article/ Research paper publication.