Kayachikitsa is the most important branch of Ashtang Ayurveda. This department is essentially concerned with UG & PG education. This department is efficiently serving the poor and needy patients through various intrinsic modalities like OPD & IPD. It contributes to primitive goals of health by providing preventive as well as therapeutic solutions for various ailments.
The learned teaching faculty maintains the academic environment.
Well equipped Intensive Care Unit (ICU) is working 24x7 which provides emergency management to the patients suffering from cardiac diseases, nervous diseases, respiratory diseases, metabolic diseases etc.
A well equipped Hemodialysis Unit is run under Kayachikitsa department serving the poor patients. Camps to rural areas are also arranged through this department time to time. Clinical education of UG & PG Students is aided by ample of exposure to clinical cases. This department has intake of 6 PG Students per year.
Salient Features of Department
- Well established UG & PG department with library.
- OPD & IPD unit.
- Well equipped Intensive Care Unit (ICV)
- Departmental library with ayurvedic and modern medicine textbooks.
- A separate PG – Classroom
- Dialysis Unit
- Special Twak Rog (Skin Disease) OPD
- Various Academic programmes are conducted which are programmed by MUHS and NCISM and AYUSH.