About Rasasasthra & Bhaishajyakalpana
The department is well set in UG as well as PG teaching. The department has well equipped laboratories with advanced instrumentation. It has a very good collection of specimens, models, and charts for the conduct of practical session for the students. In the practical hall, the practical like ParadaastasamkaraKupipakwa, Pottalirasasyan are regularly conducted. Newer equipments are introduced for the preparation of various Ayurvedic formulations and for quality control. A pharmacy with all required facilities is also attached to the department for manufacturing medicines according to G.P.M. standards for the Collegiate hospitals. The PG department is all set to take up further research projects in laboratory and clinical area
- To give basic knowledge of preparation of Herbal and Herbo-mineral Ayurvedic Drugs
- To create awareness regarding Modern Pharmaceutics.
- To develop the skill regarding Manufacturing of Ayurvedic Drugs in students along with their Personality development.
- To motivate the students regarding various Research aspects in Ayurvedic formulations
Salient Features of Department
- Well qualified and Experienced Faculty Members.
- We have spacious museum containing 50 Models and 55 specimens along with 204 Prepared formulations
- The Department is divided under three parts as- i) Department, ii) Teaching Pharmacy, iii) Quality Control Laboratory
- In the Departmental well equipped Laboratory,150 practical of UG and PG students are conducted per year
- In the Teaching Pharmacy we have prepared near about 60 Ayurvedic products as per requirement of the Dhanwantari Hospital last year.
- The Quality Control Laboratory is having various Analytical instruments like Dissolution, Spectro photometer . Routinely we are analyzing Drugs prepared in the Teaching Pharmacy for Quality Assurance.
- Visits to the various GMP approved Pharmacies are arranged.