DETAILS OF LIBRARY COLLECTION
- Name: Mr. Vinayak Maruti Kumbhar
- Designation: Librarian
The mission of the Late Kedari Redekar Ayurved Mahavidyalaya & Post Graduate Research Institute library is to provide college students with the information they need to achieve their highest academic potential and help them acquire research skills necessary for lifelong learning. To support teaching faculty and administrative staff and to participate in cooperative information exchange within the wider library/educational community.
The library is housed in the first floor of our college building, specially planned for the purpose. It is designed to provide comfortable reading accommodation in abundant light, air and pleasant atmosphere. It is adequately equipped with specially designed furniture. The area of library is about 3012sq.ft. It has spacious study hall with separate reading arrangements for boys, girls, P. G. students & teaching staff. There is a separate space made for periodical and newspapers. Special arrangement is made for staff members, library processing room and computer section.
The library PCs can be used by students for their Project work, Dissertation etc. Library is connected to University Library through the internet. Library is provide digital library facility. The Services of the library contribute significantly to the learning process. The library developed good infrastructure. Library PC are with latest computer configuration. Computer essentials are installed and connected with LAN, VPN Broad Band Internet and Wi-Fi Facility. Library Provides Circulation Services, Information Display and Notification Services, Reference and Referral Services, Photocopy and Printing Services etc.
The bonafide students of Late Kedari Redekar Ayurved Mahavidyalaya & Post Graduate Research Institute can only become a member of the Library. To become a member of the library, students have to fill the form available in library. Each student will be issued on reader card, which is not transferable. Teachers by default are members of the college Library, however they have to fill register themselves in the library.
Details of Library Collection
|Total No. of Books = U.G. and P.G.||15664|
|Total Cost of Books = U.G. and P.G.||54,46,218|
|Ayurvedic Books = U.G. and P.G.||11657|
|Modern/Western Books = U.G. and P.G.||3091|
|Other Books = U.G. and P.G||916|
|Library Space Details|
|Total Space Available||3012 sq.ft|
|Boys Reading Room||1759.62 sq.ft||Capacity :- 90|
|Girls Reading Room||512.26 sq.ft||Capacity :- 80|
|Teachers Reading Room||306 sq.ft||Capacity :- 10|
|P. G. Student Reading Room||306 sq.ft||Capacity :- 40|
|UG Stack Section||650 sq.ft|
|PG Stack Section||550 sq.ft|
|Librarian Room||130 sq.ft|
1. Register is maintained to ensure the use of library books/CDs/DVDs/ and Internet.
2. Library Internet facility & Wi-Fi facility is used by students and faculty everyday. Internet browsers register is maintained in Library. Due to heavy use of internet, students are requested to use 20 minutes to 30 minutes per sit to extend facility to all.
3. Library has advisory committee to exercise general directions, control, supervision and guidance over the affairs of the library.
4. On an average 8 faculty visit library per day.
5. On an Average 90 students visit library per day.
6. Library display the new arrival list on library notice board and books on New Arrival Cupboard to encourage the Students and Teachers to read.
7. Library is opened for 8.00 hours a day.
8. Library Reading Room is opened 24 hours.
9. Library is at the centre of the college premise which is accessible easily and quickly for students and office. It has very good infrastructure in all respects.
10. Library periodically cleans the racks and resources. Everyday floors are washed with phenyl-water to avoid insects and to maintain cleanliness in the library. Periodically library gets insecticides.